Theory, hazard perception and practical tests covered in latest edition of award winning software for learner-drivers
18th August 2008
Avanquest Software Publishing, a leading consumer software publisher, has launched the 2008/09 edition of its award winning program for learner drivers, All in One: Driving Test. Created in conjunction with driving experts from LDC (the UK’s 3rd biggest driving school) and regularly used by professional driving instructors, every aspect of learning to drive is covered to help learner drivers pass first time.
The cost of learning to drive has never been higher. At almost £1000 to take the recommended amount of lessons and pass both theory and practical tests, it is essential to pass first time*. However, with the current pass rate at only 43%, for many it will cost much more. All in One: Driving Test (£9.99) is a comprehensive, value-formoney guide to learning to drive and includes an online Theory Test Workbook worth £6.99 and Highway Code Workbook worth £1.95.
The Theory Test
All in One: Driving Test includes the new official DSA Theory Test Question Bank for both cars and motorcycles. Questions can be organised into three unique learning systems; in conjunction with driving lessons, in highway code order or grouped into the fourteen DSA categories. Other features to prepare users for their theory test include:
- An interactive theory test tutorial
- Realistic theory test simulations based on the most commonly occurring questions
- Unlimited random tests, all with a balanced set of questions
- Progress reports to monitor which questions were answered incorrectly and identify where learners need to focus their revision
- An interactive version of the latest highway code with training notes
- The option to practice on portable devices including mobile phones, iPods and PDAs, so users can conveniently practice on the move
- Interactive lessons and games to help users learn road signs and signals
Over 400 hazard perception test simulation video clips, including the 10 official DSA practice clips, are included in All in One: Driving Test. All have been shot in high quality from outside the car in an identical way to the clips from the actual test. Also included:
- The official DSA test introduction video
- 3 interactive and 30 video tutorials on hazard perception and defensive driving
- 14 tutorials and video clips for each hazard type
- 28 pre-set simulations each incorporating 14 clips to represent all hazard types
- Unlimited mock hazard perception tests with clips chosen at random
- Specific hazard type mock tests allowing users to focus on weaker areas
- Reports identifying how points are scored, where clicks occurred and the clips which users found the most difficult
The practical test section of All in One: Driving Test gives an insight into what users can expect on the day. The structured training system, Learn-2-Drive, incorporates 20 interactive lessons with animations, videos and puzzles. Also included:
- An interactive tutorial provides a complete introduction to the practical test
- A full driving test in which users can watch and interact as the examiner
- 19 interactive mock test video clips with ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ official questions
- Detailed notes about the marking process for extra preparation
- An interactive examiner’s marking sheet with tutorials to explain what the examiner is looking for and what constitutes a fault
- ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ game to help users become familiar with car features
All in One: Driving Test is the UK’s best selling, all in one driving test product**. The software comes with a ‘Pass Guarantee’ *** and the offer of a free driving lesson with LDC****.
Notes to Editor:
*Recommendations and prices from DSA (Driving Standards Agency)
**Source: ChartTrack June 2007
***£50 worth of GSP software given to users who do not pass their theory test after using the software thoroughly. Terms and conditions apply.
****Terms and conditions apply
Pricing and Availability
All in One Driving Test is priced at £9.99 and available from leading retail outlets including PC World, Amazon.co.uk, GAME, Morrisons, Staples, WH Smith, Play.com Robert Dyas and,also at Avanquest Software www.avanquest.co.uk from September 2008.
Avanquest Software is a leading developer and global publisher of best-selling personal and professional software designed for utilities, office productivity, communications and mobility worldwide. Headquartered in France, with operating units, subsidiaries and offices located in United States, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Spain, China, Korea, and Japan, Avanquest Software products are marketed in over 100 countries, through e-commerce, OEM partnerships and IT resellers. Founded in 1984 as BVRP Software and listed since December 1996 on Euronext (ISIN FR0004026714), Avanquest Software forms part of the Eurolist, NextEconomy segment and SBF 250 index. In 2006, Avanquest Software posted revenues of €75.1M. Additional information on Avanquest Software is available at http://www.avanquest.com.
For further information and review copies please contact:
Stephen Denton / Sarah Holden
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 731 388
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com