Family Tree Maker® 2012 Upgrade
Add new life to your family history!
- Quickly and easily start your family tree
- TreeSync™ - Update your tree from anywhere
- Create family books, charts and reports
- Share your family history with family and friends
With exciting new features to help you, Ancestry.co.uk™ Family Tree Maker® makes it easier than ever to discover your family story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage.
Family Tree Maker® 2012 lets you easily:
- Research and preserve your family story on your computer.
- Create charts and reports to share with family and friends. View and share your tree from different perspectives; location, migration path, family name and more.
- Integrate with the 895 million records on Ancestry.co.uk™ and download new information directly into your tree.
- Receive hints linking you to matching records on Ancestry.co.uk™
- Add photos, documents, audio and video into your tree.
- View timelines and interactive maps highlighting events and places in your ancestors’ lives.
- Write Smart Stories™ that automatically update when facts in your tree change.
- Synchronise desktop and online Ancestry.co.uk™ family trees with the NEW TreeSync™ feature.
- Access and update your tree anytime, anywhere. With an internet connection, you can continue your research wherever you are whether it's through Ancestry, your iPhone, or iPad**
- Share your tree online. Family and friends can view your tree (and even work with you) without any software or an Ancestry subscription.
- Collaborate with the largest family history community in the world. If you share your tree publicly, you can connect with other members who are researching the same family lines.
New Blended Families View - The family group view has new "blended families" option that lets you see all of an individual's children in one view. An icon next the child's name lets you see at a glance whether he or she is the child of the father, mother or both.
Customised Fact Sentences - When you create an Ahnentafel, descendant report, or Smart Story, Family Tree Maker® generates descriptive sentences for each fact or event. Now you can change the wording of these sentences and also choose what data is included.
Reports - Improved Notes Report - The Notes Report lets you display person, research, relationship, or fact notes you've entered for indviduals in your tree.
New Index of Individuals Report - The Index of Individuals Report lists every individual in your tree and their birth, marriage and death dates.
Charts - Generation Labels - Now you can display generation labels (such as parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents) in charts to high light the relationship between the primary person in the chart and the other family members.
Additional Options in Descendant Chart - You can create a descendant chart that shows the relationship between two people whom you select.
Adding Text to a Chart - In addition to adding your own images to a chart, you can now personalise your charts even more by adding your own text - creating a chart that is completely unique.
- Family Tree Maker® 2012 Software with Interactive Training Tutorials
- 1 month 'Essentials' Membership to Ancestry.co.uk™† (worth over £10††)
- Electronic version of the Family Tree Maker® Quick Start Guide
- Electronic version of the Family Tree Maker® Companion Guide
Save to your desktop - Saves information you discover on Ancestry.co.uk™ to your family tree, complete with an electronic copy of the original record.
Maps and Timelines - View maps to see where your ancestors have lived and track your family’s migration paths. And, highlight key events that have occurred in their lives.
IMPROVED - Manage photos and more - Add photos, audio and video files, documents etc. into your tree. Easy-to-use tools help you manage them faster than ever before!
IMPROVED - Smart Stories™ - Write Smart Stories™ in two easy steps using improved page designs and templates. Each time you edit your tree, Smart Stories update automatically.
IMPROVED - Charts and Reports - Choose from hundreds of customisable chart options and create reports that let you see and share your tree from different perspectives - location, migration path, family name, birthdays and more!
NEW - Blended Families View - See combined families including step families and adoptees at a glance.
|Platform||Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7|
- Windows® XP (SP3), Vista® (SP1) or 7
- 1GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent)
- Hard disk space: 500MB for installation
- 1GB RAM
- Display 1024 x 768 resolution
- CD-ROM Drive
- All online features require Internet access