Learn to use Microsoft® Windows® 8
Everything you need to know about Windows® 8
- Interactive demonstration and video clips
- Easy to work through chapters
- The basics through to advanced features
- Comprehensive training lets you learn at your own pace
This comprehensive training program, couldn't be easier to use. On-screen video demonstrations take you step-by-step through over 100 different topics, each with clear and concise instructions. Simply pick the topic you want to study and sit back and watch as an expert shows you exactly how it's done. Practise what you've learnt in an interactive tutorial where you try out the task in a simulated environment and then move on to actually 'do it' in your own copy of Windows® 8 operating system.
Whether you're a complete beginner, or need to refresh your computer skills, this program will have you up and running with Windows® 8 in no time at all. Look at what you’ll be able to learn in just a few minutes!...
STEP 1 – Choose your topic
The program is divided into chapters, which are then broken down into easy-to-master sections which you can study in any order. Simply choose the topic you want to learn more about.
STEP 2 – Study the basics
Read through a short description of the key points to help you follow the on-screen demonstration.
STEP 3 – Watch how the experts do it!
Sit back and watch as the program shows you what to do. The tutor's voice talks you through each step as the screen video plays. You can watch it as many times as you want to make sure you've remembered everything.
STEP 4 – Practice it
Try out what you've learnt in an interactive tutorial that simulates the Windows® 8 environment.
STEP 5 – Do it
Now it's time to actually do it in your own copy of Windows® 8. Follow the instructions in the pop-up window while you work through the task yourself.
Discover Windows® 8
- Is your PC ready for Windows® 8
- The benefits of Windows® 8
- The Windows® 8 Desktop
- Documents, pictures and music
Windows® 8 Accessories
- Fonts – Installing / Removing
- Character Map / WordPad / Paint
Making the most of Windows® 8
- Creating Desktop shortcuts
- User account control
- The Start Menu and Quick Search
- Recently used programs and documents
- Taskbar / Start menu and Toolbars
Customising and Settings
- The Control Panel
- Setting up a printer
- Installing / Uninstalling programs
- Linking files and programs
- Defragmenting a hard drive
- Disk errors and cleanup
- System Restore
- The Recycle Bin
- What’s new in Internet Explorer®
- Searching on the Web
- Phishing Filter / Pop-up Blocker
- Parental Controls
- Installing Windows® Live Mail
- The Windows® 8 Firewall
- Windows® Live Photo Gallery
- Windows® Live Movie Maker
- Windows® Media Player
- Copying files and folders
- Synchronising mobile devices
Plus much, much, more
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8|
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Pentium 300 MHz Processor or Equivalent
- 128 Mb RAM
- 1024x768 Screen Resolution
- 16-bit Colour Screen
- Windows Compatible Sound Card
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Adobe Flash Player (included on the CD)