Letts KS3 English
Helps 11-14 year olds prepare for National Tests the quick, easy and enjoyable way
KS3 English contains national test-style practice papers and answers in printable form to get students as close to their actual exam papers as possible
Using tests at the start and end of each unit, students can monitor their progress. KS3 English also has Top Tips! to make learning and remembering easy.
Simple navigation from a main menu covers major subject areas and topics including:
- What to expect in your exams
- Speaking and listening
- A glossary of literary terms
- Media texts
- Descriptive writing
- Imaginative writing
- Writing essays
- Henry V
- Twelfth Night
- Much Ado about Nothing
Punctuation and Grammar:
- Homophones / basic words
- Apostrophes and paragraphs
Each topic includes:
- Interactive screens with colourful graphics and clear facts.
- Use of audio in selected="selected" Reading and Shakespeare exercises.
- Top Tips! - ideas to make learning and remebering easy.
- Glossary - look up terms and their meanings from any screen.
- Advice on skills needed for various attainment levels.
- Includes National Test-style practice papers and answers in printable format.
- Introductions to English exams
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
Interactive exercises with:
- Practice papers
- Colourful graphics
- Glossary for looking up any terms from any screen
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Millenium, Windows XP, Windows 98 SE, Windows Vista 32-bit|
- Microsoft® Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Professional or Home Edition, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition , Vista
- PC 166MX or higher
- 64MB Ram (512MB for Vista)
- CD-ROM drive
- 800 X 600 Display or higher
- 60MB hard drive space
- 256 colours
- Sound Card
- Internet Explorer 5.01, 5.5, 6.0, or 6.1
- Adobe Acrobat Reader supplied on the CD-ROM or download from
Macromedia Flash™ Player- supplied on the CD-ROM
"As laid bare by the KS3 in the title, this particular Letts disc
is pitched at 11-to-14-year-olds, which pitches it above the
English language proficiency possessed of the average
Computeractive writer. Still, we're keen to learn and this
application proved both tutor and revision aid. It's divided into
various sections such as reading, writing, spelling, punctuation
and grammar and good old shakespeare (no English lesson would be
complete without some hard bard, after all). Problems are
presented and the student is asked to consider solutions. A
glossar allows unknown terms to be quickly referenced. When the
exercises are done - attention can be turned to exam time, as
Letts KS3 English includes both mock English exam papers.
However, these are not interactive and require printing out.
Overall score ****"
Computer Act!ve, Issue 225