Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum
The No1. Teaches Typing Software!
Mastering typing has never been easier than with the all-new edition of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Platinum Powered by UltraKey! This award-winning software program provides the most efficient way to learn and master typing fundamentals. Designed by educators, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing uses a success-based approach to typing instruction. This powerful and motivating way to learn provides a clear path to learning a new skill by setting personal goals and progressing along guided road maps.
This user friendly program for everyone from ages 8 -88 is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn to type at their own pace, yet in a motivated and progressive environment. Set personal goals, celebrate your achievements and keep motivated every step of the way. It is also perfect for families with a multi-user licence to manage up to 8 users, plus integrated family management tools and a parent guide.
So whether you are a professional looking to brush up your skills, a student at school or college looking for a place to begin, or even just learning for fun at home, this program has something to offer everyone.
- Install and use on up to 3 PCs and 8 members of your family
- Clear graphical instruction demonstrates correct body posture, keyboarding actions and more
- Efficiently develops skills using sequence lessons and skill development activities - all designed for short sessions, up to 20 minutes each
- Instructional videos guide you through important concepts
- 12 presentation themes, numerous preferences and personal options customise to fit your personal pace, age, learning style and special needs
- Track your use and performance, begin or start lessons at the place you ended
- Allows you to retake lessons any time with words and sentences randomly chosen for variety
- Offers immediate help for problems and gives test retakes to assess your improvement
- Explore extra tips, information and ideas for enrichment with the "more information browser"
- Built-in parent management tool
- Parents can review progress, set preferences and customise content for their children
- UltraKey automatically speaks new instructions, spells words and reads items when needed to support learning
Step 1. Set Your Personal Goal
Success-based learning begins with setting a personal challenge level for speed and accuracy that you work towards as you complete lessons.
Step 2. Learn Good Posture Habits
A virtual reality model demonstrations correct body and hand shape.
Step 3. Typing Technique
Video and interactive graphics teach you typing technique, finger names and home row position.
Step 4. Learn New Keys One Stage at a Time
Systematically develop new keystrokes, blending them into pairs, chains, words and sentences.
Step 5. Build Your Skill by Using It
For each lesson you complete a corresponding skill check using real-world typing challenges to ensure your progress.
Step 6. Practice Excellent Typing at all Times
Timed typing tests give standardised performance results that you can put on your CV.
Step 7. Celebrate Your Success
After just 8 hours of using this software you can master typing basics and more.
|Platform||Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit|
Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8¹, Pentium® or AMD Athlon™ Processor
512MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, and Windows®8)
600MB of free hard disk space
Video Card & Sound Card
keyboard & mouse
and speakers or headphones.