O&O SafeErase 4
Securely and permanently delete files, folders and partitions!
O&O SafeErase is the solution for the secure deletion of sensitive data from your hard disk and offers you the ultimate protection of your private sphere. With just one click of the mouse you can securely and permanently delete files, folders and partitions.
When you sell, return or destroy your old computer, the data on it is almost never fully deleted! Even when hard disks are formatted, data spies can take ordinary data recovery software and easily get hold of your customer data, construction plans or passwords.
With O&O SafeErase, you can securely delete individual folders as well as entire computers, using recognized and recommended methods. Some of these techniques are employed by the U. S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the German Department for Security in Information Technology (BSI). With O&O SafeErase, you can be sure that the next owner of your old computer will never have a chance of invading your privacy!
- NEW! Internet Security: securely delete browser data
- NEW! Pre-defined and individual deletion profiles
- NEW! Various settings for secure deletion
- NEW! Detailed reports on deletion procedures
- NEW! Overwriting with zeros (for very fast deletion)
- NEW! Supports multi-core processors
- NEW! Clear user interface showing main functions
- NEW! Securely deletes temporary files
- NEW! Various settings for deleting free space
- NEW! Deletion of system drives in offline mode
- IMPROVED! Deletion speed optimized
- Secure deletion of files, directories and Windows recycle bin
- Secure deletion of files and partitions
- Secure deletion of entire computers without Boot media
- Secure moving of files and directories
- Six methods for securely deleting your confidential data
- Complete integration in Windows Explorer
Improved user interface with flexible options
As well as the now famous deployment of O&O SafeErase over the Windows context menu, the user interface has now been thoroughly overhauled for O&O SafeErase 4. Not only can you access all program functions through it, you can now combine deletion procedures.
Advanced functions of O&O TotalErase
As a fi rst in its fi eld, O&O SafeErase 4 provides the user with a completely new feature: the fully-integrated “O&O TotalErase Assistant” now allows you to delete an entire system, including the system partition, with no need for Boot medium. New with Version 4 is the option of exclusively deleting the system partition while excluding other partitions. Both functions are easily accessed through the interface.
Six methods for your security
For the first time ever, O&O SafeErase 4 gives the user a choice of selecting among six different methods of deletion. The methods of deletion differ in the number of times a file is overwritten and in the type of overwriting process used. These methods guarantee you maximum security, whatever your need may be. In addition to the standardized methods of deletion practiced by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the German Department for Security in Information Technology (BSI), you can choose the Gutmann method, which is intended for use at the highest levels of security. This scientifically recognized method of data deletion overwrites the selected areas of the hard disk 35 times, by using specified as well as random values in accordance with strictly defined rules. As a result, O&O SafeErase 4 even exceeds the requirements of the DoD and BSI. For deleting data at speed, overwriting data with zeros is now also available.
With the new version 4 of O&O SafeErase, it is now possible for the very first time to delete sensitive internet data too. The various internet browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome are automatically displayed, and the user just has to select which internet data he wishes to delete - for example Cookies or temporary files – and from which browser.
The support of multi-core processors means O&O SafeErase 4 deletes even more efficiently. Thanks to the deletion profiles, the options of combining different tasks and creating advanced reports, secure deletion of sensitive data was never so efficient, nor so easy to plan.
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2008 Server 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 64-bit|
- Windows™ 2000, Server 2003, XP, Vista®, Server 2008 (all Editions from Windows™ XP/Server 2003 32-bit/64-bit on)
- 20 MB free hard disk space