Registry First Aid 9 Platinum
Repair your registry for a faster more reliable PC
Are you tired of Windows constantly crashing on you? Are your programs loading slower than usual?
The problem may be due to incorrect registry entries.
As you install and uninstall applications, numerous nagging file references are created in the Windows registry pointing to files that no longer exist. Registry First Aid will find these invalid entries and remove them from your registry.
Also, if you've moved your programs from one drive to another, you can break the file links that a program needs. Registry First Aid will help you correct these invalid registry entries by scanning the Windows registry for orphan file/folder references, finding these files or folders on your drives that may have been moved from their initial locations, and then correcting your registry entries to match the located files or folders.
With Registry First Aid, your Windows registry will be always clean and correct, helping your programs load faster and speeding up your computer. Improve your computer's performance today!
- + many interface changes;
- + Windows 8 compatibility;
- + new error category "Invalid Uninstall records";
- * registry scan is now much faster;
- + some basic adaptation to touchscreens;
- + support of multi-monitor configurations;
- * fast "open in RegEdit" functions;
- + close filter and legend forms on Escape key press;
- + new "Item Menu" button near the "Filter" button to access mouse pop-up menu items on touchscreens;
- * button caption changed from "Back" to "Reset Results" after registry search to avoid confusion;
- + show paths to scan for corrections before registry scan, show "Configure" button to open the Settings dialog;
- + Registry Manage: refresh the lists on F5 key press;
- + Registry Compress: show summary sizes of used and saved registry files;
- - Advanced Settings: color example interface errors are fixed;
- + Advanced Settings: option to hide statistics at the Home screen is added;
- + Advanced Settings: multiselection is added to the excluded strings, paths to scan for corrections and excluded paths lists;
- * help file is updated;
- * home screen adoptations for displays with large fonts;
- - bugfix: full backup creation could not be canceled;
- + some language files updated;
- - known bugs were fixed;
Easy to use step by step Wizard type interface.
Safe for Beginners - By flagging problems in the registry with the green, yellow and red safety levels, you know which problems you can easily correct yourself.
Improves system performance by scanning your registry, locating orphan file/folder references and then correcting your registry entries to match the located files or folders.
Removes registry entries safely. Registry First Aid will ask you to create a backup file before removing anything and allow you to revert back to the last registry state in case any problem occurs.
Finds and removes the useless entries left in registry when uninstalling programs.
View invalid entries by category or safety level (Safe, caution, extreme caution) to limit the risk of error.
Find and correct following registry errors:
- Invalid file/folder references
- Invalid font entries
- Obsolete Start Menu items
- Invalid application paths
- Invalid registered help files
- Invalid shared DLL references
- Invalid program references in auto run registry keys
- Obsolete and unused software registry entries
- Invalid known DLL registry references
- Invalid file associations
- Invalid COM/ActiveX registrations
Use the search feature to find all registry entries for a recently uninstalled application that had a poor uninstaller. Simply enter a keyword such as the program name or the folder in which it was installed to find any related entries.
Compact/defragment registry files for a faster access to registry data.
Create and compare registry snapshots, find changes made to the registry and create "undo" and "redo" files for any modified registry key.
Explore previously created registry snapshots and backup any registry key from snapshots into .reg files.
Backup and restore your registry - Before running, Registry First Aid will make a Restore Point or backup of your registry. When the registry corrections are made, a complete backup of all changes made is save and you can restore the registry to the way it was before you started as well as individual registry entries in case of a problem.
Save the list of found invalid entries into a text file.
Print the list of found invalid entries.
Schedule automatic registry scan at the time and the frequency you wish.
Get full control over many system features like the start up programs, uninstall records and more.
Registry First Aid works with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Millenium, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8|
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 (32-/64-bit) | 7 (32-/64-bit) | Vista™ (32-/64-bit) | XP (32-/64-bit) | 2003| 2000
- 200 MHz x86/x64 Prozessor
- 128 MB RAM
- 25 MB Free Disc Space
- Mouse & Keyboard
- 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful :
- By John "John"
I’ve used many registry cleaners in my time, from the early days of First Aid to Norton Utilities and PC Tools Registry Mechanic. Registry First Aid beats them all, it goes far beyond a mere registry cleaner, Registry First Aid scanned all local hard drives looking for the missing files associated in the registry file, what it can’t fix is deleted. The program found over 1500 wrong registry entries on my PC, after some time I was left with a mere 80 wrong entries that where added to it’s exclude list. It even found old entries of software installations removed over two years ago, amazing!. Furthermore, the program is easy to use and comprehensive, and with the automatic registry backup options completely safe to use for beginners and pro‘s alike. My PC boots up faster and feels like a new installation even though my version of XP has been on my PC for 3 years!, I can’t recommended it enough!. Perfect.
- Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No