Starry Night Enthusiast
Unlock the wonders of the Universe!
This product has not yet been reviewed. | Add Review
A window into the past, the present and the future of the universe – at your finger tips. Capture moments in time and space to explore and enjoy.
Features Back to the top
- Explore without limits 700 million light years of space through more than 70 interactive, multimedia tours.
- Manoeuvre around a 3D universe created exclusively using the Tully database with 3D positions of 28,000 galaxies and fly around the universe using joy stick – supported spaceship mode.
- View 2,500,000 stars and 30,000+ deep space objects, enjoy high-resolution constellation illustrations and panoramas and Keeptrackofimportantevents zoom in on 13,000 deep-sky objects from the NGC-IC catalogue
- Travel in time from 4713 BC to 9999 AD.
- Locate objects using the “find” pane and learn how to instantly identify planets, stars and constellations.
- Add your own comets, asteroids, satellites and even imaginary planets
- Plan observing sessions using SkyCalender’s database of upcoming astronomical events and regional star parties, and print detailed star charts.
- Save or export colour images to create your own space art and your own QuickTime™ movies to share with friends.
- Boost your knowledge of space trivia and record holders with the built-in astronomy dictionary.
- Receive automatic updates of new discoveries and orbital data of satellites, comets and asteroids
System Requirements Back to the top
|Platform||Windows XP, Mac OS, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Windows Vista 32-bit, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.3 Panther|
- Windows Vista*/XP/Windows 7**
- 500 MHz or higher processor
- 128 MB RAM and 900 MB of hard disk space.
- 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card.
- Internet Connection
- Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Universal Binary runs natively on Intel and PPC Macintosh computers.
- OS X 10.3.9, 10.4 and 10.5
- G3 450 MHz or higher processor
- 128 MB RAM and 900 MB of hard disk space
- Will not run on OS 9.x or earlier. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
*Starry Night will run on a Windows Vista computer provided the latest graphics card Vista drivers supporting hardware-accelerated OpenGL are installed.
** When updated to 6.4.3 using the update disc provided