Trainz Virtual Railway
Virtual Railroading on your PC!
Trainz is the most detailed and immersive railroad experience ever, letting you control almost every aspect of a working railroad. Let your imagination run free as you create stunning 3D worlds, take charge of thousands of tons of heavy freight or simply keep your passengers happy as you take on the challenges of a real train engineer. Add to the excitement by controlling multiple locomotives, coordinating activities, switching junctions and ensu...
- Your chance to create and control your own railway
- 17 locomotives in 42 different liveries from 12 countries
- Over 60 types of freight and passenger cars
- Five fully playable and editable maps
- Hundreds of buildings, trackside objects, vehicles, flora and fauna
- Dozens of ground textures for creating stunning layouts
- A huge variety of railway items including track, bridges, tunnels, signals and crossings
- Dynamic environment includes ambient sounds, realistic weather effects and day/night cycle
- Includes scenarios
Assemble your favourite trains in preparation for a busy day of operation. Climb into the 3D cab and take charge of passenger runs, shunting yard exercises and heavy freight movements. Choose from the simple or realistic controls, or a completely different perspective, switch on the autopilot and operate all the junctions as you ensure the safe and smooth running of your own private railroad. Scenarios add a whole new dimension to the gameplay.
Create stunningly realistic layouts! Move mountains, construct cities, create dense forests and lay your tracks, roads and power lines using this powerful and intuitive world editor. Add life to your creations by controlling the weather conditions, setting the lighting moods and adding animated industries. Choose from the 1000s of different scenery and trackside objects, download new content, or create your own.
Examine the stunningly detailed and extensive collection of more than 130 different locos, passenger cars, freight wagons, tank cars and cabooses! Study powerful diesel workhorses from Britain, classic switchers from the USA or high speed electric passenger locos from the Continent. You can also check out all your downloaded custom content including steam locos, traction engines and more.
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Millenium, Windows XP, Windows 98 SE|
- Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
- Pentium II 400 MHz
- Nvidia TNT 16MB Video Card
- 800 x 600 x 32 Bit colour
- 128MB RAM (minimum)
- Mouse & Keyboard
- Internet connection required for downloadable content
"Trainz is a well crafted program that will appeal to all train
Overall rating ****"
Computer Active Magazine,