TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum
High-performance CAD software that offers comprehensive, professional architectural and mechanical CAD features for for drafting, detailing, and modelling.
TurboCAD Pro Platinum is a premium, professional CAD package. It includes all the speed and technology of TurboCAD Pro for 2D/3D drafting, detailing, modelling, rendering, and extensive file sharing. Plus get advanced tools for greater control and flexibility with architectural and mechanical design.
- 64-bit Version
- GPU-Accelerated Drawing Engine
- New AutoCAD 2D workalike mode
- Progressive, Ray-traced Rendering
- Advanced Mechanical Tools
- Advanced Architectural Tools
- New Associative Arrays & Improved Pattern Tools
- Midpoint & Pattern Constraints
- More Powerful Part Tree
Call us on 01962 835 081 for Pre-Sales Advice
TurboCAD Pro Platinum is comprehensive, professional architectural and mechanical CAD software for drafting, detailing, and modelling. Robust, powerful tools provide greater control and flexibility. Advanced mechanical tools include parametric control over parts, 2D and 3D symbols, patterns, and constrained arrays. TurboCAD Pro Platinum also includes an integrated suite of architectural tools that are AutoCAD® Architecture compatible. These tools include compound walls, doors and windows with muntins, slabs, roofs, stairs, rails, schedules, and powerful section and elevation tools. Because of the breadth of mechanical and architectural tools, the Pro Platinum Edition is also perfectly flexible for users whose projects cross disciplines.
MORE REALISTIC RENDERS
New UV Mapping
TurboCAD Pro Platinum users can now project 2D images onto 3D objects.
UV mapping stands for the technique used to "wrap" a 2D image texture onto a 3D mesh. "U" and "V" are the name of the axes of a plane, since "X", "Y" and "Z" are used for the coordinates in the 3D space. For example: increasing your "V" on a sphere might move you along a longitude line (north or south), while increasing your "U" might move you along a line of latitude (east or west).
A 3D model is in fact composed from a number of faces and vertices in space, while a material is a 2D image. UV mapping bridges the gap between 2D and 3D, telling TurboCAD how to "squash" and "slice" the 3D model onto a flat plane, without overlapped faces.
UV Mapping is especially powerful when working to create realistic organic shapes, from creating product comps or designing detailed characters for animation.
New Redsdk v3 Rendering Engine
The RedSDK engine, which takes advantage of GPU-based graphics cards for faster design navigation, has been upgraded to new v3.
- 10 times faster rendering speed when moving objects
- New “Show object while dragging” in RedSDK Draft and Hidden Line mode
- Smoother “Show object while dragging” in RedSDK Wireframe mode
- Rapid Update after object rotation and move
- Faster Undo/Redo after object rotation and move
- Manipulate "heavy" bodies in real-time in all RedSDK modes (wireframe, hidden line, draft)
MORE POWERFUL DRAFTING & DETAILING
New Associative Arrays - Pattern Tools Updates & Improvements
TurboCAD pattern tools have been greatly expanded opening a range of new design possibilities. Now users can rapidly create parametric 3D patterns from a wide variety of entities including:
- ACIS Objects (previously available)
- Surface Objects
- 2D Objects
- 3D Objects
New Patterns from Compound Profiles - Use the 2D elements of patterns for 3D object creation via Compound Profiles
New Hole Operations - Pattern points defined by 2D patterns can be used for 3D hole operations.
New Entity Marks
Create custom marks to track, or count, objects and add information using Property Sets and Multi-View blocks.
- Property Set Definitions- Create custom information for objects, and derive custom information from object geometry.
- Multi-View Blocks – Define composites of blocks that can vary their appearance depending upon the viewpoint.
New Protractor Tool
TurboCAD now allows you to place a virtual protractor on your drawing to more easily create construction lines in 2D and 3D. The Protractor Tool is able to work in many modes simultaneously with a powerful dynamic display.
New Stellated Polygon Tool
Create star-shaped polygon objects in two clicks! Just as quickly adjust properties including:
- Teeth Number
- Stellated as wave (for rounded stellated polygons)
- Radius external
- Radius internal
- Radius fillet external (works when stellated as wave option is ON)
- Radius fillet internal
- Angle of rotation
- Hole diameter
- Thickness (when working with ACIS 3D stellated polygons)
Improved Associative Viewport Dimensions - Add dimensions to an object through a viewport in paperspace and the dimensions will update if the model changes.
New Drafting Object Reference Point - Manually redefine the reference points of drafting objects so you can adapt to changes in the model.
New Dimension Function - Linear and angular dimension tools now allow users to specify a fixed length for line extensions and the value for that length.
ADVANCED MECHANICAL DESIGN & 3D MODELING
New Editing Tools for Smooth Surface Mesh 3D Modeling
Last year, a toolbox of Smooth Surface Mesh (smesh) 3D modeling and editing tools were added to TurboCAD Pro Platinum for easier creation of organic shapes. New version 20 enhances these capabilities with two new tools for rapid editing of smesh objects.
- New Split Face Smesh Editing Tool allows for quick division of a smesh face so you can more precisely define the area you want to modify. Simply select the smesh face want to split, and then click the locations on the edge of the face where you want the split to start and end. The smesh face is split along the boundary you specified and surrounding faces are adjusted along the new faces.
- New Extrude Face Smesh Editing Tool lets users quickly extrude a smesh face along an extrusion path.
New Gear Contour Tool
TurboCAD Pro takes its new Stellated Polygon Tool one step further with the new Gear Contour Tool. This tool quickly creates gear shaped objects and aligns gear objects. Adjustment properties include:
- Teeth number
- Diameter pitch
- Pressure Angle
- Angle of rotation
- Hole Diameter
- Thickness (when working with ACIS 3D gear objects)
Updated ACIS 3D Modeling Engine
R23 update continues to advance performance and flexibility in TurboCAD 20.
New Selector Option for 3D Booleans
For added flexibility, use one of the new super selector modes (Rectangular, Window Polygon, Crossing Polygon or Fence) to easily select multiple objects for 3D Boolean operations (3D add, 3D Subtract, and 3D Slice).
New 3D .PDF filter
Export 3D models to .PDF. The 3D object can then be interactively visualized by Acrobat Reader (since version 7).
Improved AutoCAD 2013 (DWG) filter
Updated file filter offers a range of continued enhancements for working with the latest AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 files to maximize your workflow.
New/Improved Collada (DAE) filter
An entirely revamped Collada filter with greater export and import accuracy and performance. This interchange file format offers many uses, including the ability to drag and drop a COLLADA file on top of the virtual Earth in Google® Earth.
New Export Coordinate Data
Users can now derive point data from the geometry in models and drawings and export the data in a standard CSV format.
New AutoCAD LT work-a-like mode
Now TurboCAD Pro users can easily switch between a tradition TurboCAD UI and the more modern TurboCAD LTE UI, which allows users familiar with AutoCAD LT to work in a similar environment including dynamic input and a command line.
New Print Window
Enter coordinate values, or use a new pointing device to specify opposite corners of an area you wish to print. It’s a simply way to quickly print just the part of a design you wan to print.
New Super Selector Modes
The drag mode selector has been greatly enhanced with 3 new drag modes, and one new menu item that encapsulates the old selector modes offering more precise control over object selection for faster, easier modification of your drawing.
- New Rectangle Selector Mode is a bidirectional selector. It replaces the drag modes previously know as “Window Rectangular Mode” and “Crossing Rectangular Mode”.
- New Window Polygon Selector Mode only selects objects which are completely inside a closed polygon. Objects outside or partially outside the polygon will not be selected.
- New Crossing Polygon Selector Mode allows you to select those objects which are crossing or completely within a closed polygon.
- New Fence Selector Mode selects only those objects which are touched by the open polygon or “fence” created while in this mode.
New Previous Selection Function
This function was added to the selector dragger allowing users to quickly jump back to the last selection with which there was a modification, and restore the selection.
Advanced Architectural Design
TurboCAD Pro Platinum speeds design with an extensive collection of parametric object types and shapes for walls and compound walls, doors, windows, stairs, railings, roofs, and slabs. Use the style manager to create and manage how objects are defined, look and behave, or choose from the many pre-configured styles. Accurately manage data with dynamic window and door schedules and use the sections/elevation tool to examine custom cross sections of architectural designs.
Advanced Mechanical Design Tools
TurboCAD Pro Platinum offers advanced tools for 3D solid and surface modeling. The thread tool, twisted extrude, extrude to face, imprint tool, parametric holes, imprint and more enable the easy creation of your more complicated professional designs.
Advanced Modification Tools
TurboCAD Pro Platinum includes a number of tools that enhance 3D modification for facet editing, lofting, bending and unbending of objects. These tools become even more powerful when combined with the Advanced Part Tree.
Advanced Part Tree
TurboCAD Pro Platinum greatly expands o n the Part Tree technology in TurboCAD Pro. Often referred to as history-based editing, the Part Tree can be used as a selective UNDO/REDO tool. And unlike with TurboCAD Pro basic, each of the design and modification tools, and most of the 3D primitives, may be driven by this Advanced Part Tree.
Smooth Surface Mesh 3D Modeling Tools
TurboCAD Pro Platinum allows you to use existing 3D modeling tools to create a smooth surface mesh (smesh). Users can control the resolution, smoothness and more. This form of 3D object creation allows for easier and more rapid creation of organic shapes.
Associative Arrays / Pattern Tools
TurboCAD Pro Platinum patterns are arrays objects copied in specific arrangements and controlled parametrically. Create patterns from a variety of entities and apply to spheres and cylinders, radial patterns, 3D arrays, along a curve, and on polyline for shapes that couldn’t easily be drawn.
Platinum Parametric Constraints
TurboCAD Pro constraints are enhanced in the TurboCAD Pro Platinum with two additional constraints. The first is a Midpoint Constraint, and the second is the ability to create pattern constraints.
New UV Mapping
Create more realistic and varied materials for rendering. Use UV mapping to project a 2D image onto a 3D object where “U” and “V” are the names of the axes of plane. It’s a powerful tool perfect for use in photorealistic rendering.
Plus All TurboCAD Pro Features & Tools
- New Entity Marks Create custom marks to track, count, or enhance objects. Add data using Property Sets and visual information using Multi-View Blocks
- New Export Coordinate Data Derive point data from the geometry in models and drawings and export the data in a standard CSV format.ePack
- File Packaging - Collect all associated files, fonts, and Xrefs into a common folder for easy distribution.
Plus All TurboCAD Pro Features & Tools
TurboCAD Pro Platinum is our most comprehensive CAD product for 2D and 3D design, documentation, detailing, and modeling. In addition to the tools above for greater control and flexibility, it includes all the tools found in TurboCAD Pro.
- Powerful Drafting Palette ACIS 3D Modeling Engine
- Parametric Parts Manager
- Photorealistic Lighting & Materials
- Rendering & Visualization
- Annotation Tools
- Symbol Library
- Extensive File Interoperability
|Platform||Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8|
64-bit System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows 8* 64-bit, Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) - 2 GB RAM.
32-bit System Requirements:
Microsoft ® Windows 8*, Windows 7, Windows Vista**, Windows XP** - 1GB RAM.
*TurboCAD 20 is designed for desktops or laptops that meet the indicated system requirements. Windows RT technology for use on tablets is not supported.
** 32-bit version of TurboCAD 20 Pro will run on XP and Vista platforms; however, these platforms are no longer being officially supported.
Your experience with TurboCAD 20 Pro will be greatly enhanced with a newer generation, higher speed CPU, 4+ GB RAM, and larger display resolution and graphics support.
The optional GPU-accelerated Redsdk render modes require a supported graphic processing unit (either a chip on the board, or on a video card). The latest video drivers are typically required. Newer boards with more power and VRAM generally provide greater performance.
- NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1000 & up
- NVIDIA GeForce FX & up
- NVIDIA GeForce 6, 7, 8 & up
- AMD RadeonHD 2000, 3000, 4000 & up
- AMD-ATI Radeon 9500 & up
- AMD-ATI Radeon X, HD 2000, 3000, 4000 & up
- AMD-ATI FireGL X
- AMD-ATI FireGL V 3000 & up
- Intel® HD Graphics Family & up
- Intel Integrated graphics series: GMA 3000 & GMA X3000.
For advice on the best TurboCAD product for your needs call Paul Tracey on 01962 835 081 (1), or e-mail email@example.com.