TurboCAD Mac Pro V7
Professional 2D/3D Drafting, Modelling & Rendering
TurboCAD® Mac Pro offers the ultimate in design , productivity and ease of use. Access powerful 2D drafting, 3D surface and ACIS® solid modelling tools, plus over 11,000 pre-drawn symbols and 1000 editable floor plans to design anything.
TurboCAD® Mac Pro delivers unparalleled value and productivity in a professional 2D/3D CAD package. Fully integrated 2D drafting tools, 3D surface and ACIS® solid modeling tools, assembly tools, advanced architectural tools, and powerful LightWorks photorealistic rendering are accompanied by thousands of symbols, materials, decals, and pre-drawn floorplans. Customisable toolbars, set-up wizard, and context sensitive help enhance usability, while the block manager and the ability to quickly organize layers and layer sets optimize drawing management. Plus complete printing and publishing tools as well as extensive file support including new AutoCAD 2013 .DWG meet the needs of professional architects, engineers, illustrators, designers, and more.
NEW Drawing Wizard
A new multi-step wizard helps users quickly set up their drawing, defining unit format, paper size, print, drawing scale annotation settings, text and dimension.
NEW DWG Paper Space and Viewports
Like AutoCAD, TurboCAD Mac files now supports two drawing areas which include model space and paper space. All modeling is typically done in model space, while paper space is an area typically used to organize data for printing. The paper space sections of a DWG file may contain title blocks and annotations that are associated with the model. Paper space also contains Viewports, which define a viewing region and orientation of the geometry located in model space Larger Symbols Library.
New Conic Tools, a.k.a. conic section tools, allow users to easily obtain a curve generated by the intersection of a cone with a plane.
- Two Point Conic Tool creates a conic by specifying the start and end points plus specification of a rho value
- Three Point Conic Tool creates a conic by specifying the start, end, slope control and the rho value.
- Four Point Conic Tool creates a conic by specifying the start point, end point, slope control point and shoulder point.
New Markup and Redlining tools
Markup 2D and 3D objects using line, circle, revision cloud, highlighter, text, rectangular text box and leader
New Polygon Tools
- Slot tool – There are four methods for drawing a slot polygon. The slot polygon is defined by the length and width. The width controls the diameter of a 180 degree arc.N-Side polygon tool creates a polygon from an arbitrary number of points.
- From Curves polygon tool creates a polygon from a collection of trimmed, closed curves
New Trim Region Tool
Use this tool to rapidly trim a closed region. Simply click inside or outside to control which side is trimmed.
3D MODELING ENHANCEMENTS
New Part Tree
TurboCAD Mac Pro now offers a fully editable, hierarchal part tree for Solids and Surfaces. The Part Tree can be viewed as a selective UNDO/REDO tool: adjust the parameters of a bend, for example, without having to UNDO the design steps that have been made to the model since the parameter of that object were originally set. Each subsequent step will be applied correctly on the newly updated geometry.
Improved ACIS® Engine updated to R22 for superior solid modeling control.
New Solid Direct Edit Tools
- New 3D Push/Pull tool quickly creates 3D objects from 2D lines or curves by simply dragging to extrude an enclosed shape. This tool can also be used to resize 3D objects by dragging a face.
- New Move Face tool will translate one or more faces by a vector amount, while neighboring faces are extended or re-limited to account for the new position.
New Lofted Solid Tool creates a solid that is tangent between two neighboring solids. The resulting solid automatically joins the two bodies involved into one new body.
New Lofting with Guides Tool
Use polylines or curves to set the boundary of a loft.
Project Curve to Plane tool
Projects 3D curves into a 2D plane. Default planes include XY, XZ, YZ, Work Plane, and Plane object. Use the construction plane to define user defined projections and depths. Arcs, circles, and ellipses maintain precise shape when projected normal to their definition, otherwise are spline fit to the default curve tolerance (0.001 inches).
Improved Surface Utilities
- New Cut Section Tool calculates the intersection of an infinite plane and a curve, surface, or solid. The resulting curve is automatically associated with the plane and surface such that if either is modified the cut curve will regenerate.
- New Curve Surface Tool calculates the intersection of a curve and surface or solid. The result of a curve/surface intersection is a collection of point objects. The resulting points are by default associative between the curve and surface.
- New Explode Curve Tool takes an edge of a surface or solid and converts it into a independent but associative curve.
NEW ARCHITECTURAL TOOLS
New Roof Tool
TurboCAD Mac Pro can quickly create a roof that attaches to the top of existing walls. The offset value determines how far the roof extends from the wall. There are two types of roofs, hip and flat, available in the Data Entry window, each with different properties.
- Hip Roof Type – Specify the pitch and soffit size. The roof’s pitch is projected above the wall; the greater the pitch, the further the roof projects. The soffit value determines how far the roof extends from the wall.
- Flat Roof Type - Specify the thickness. The roof’s thickness is projected above the wall; the greater the thickness, the further the roof projects.
New Slab Tool
Create a foundation that attaches to the bottom of existing walls. The slab’s thickness is projected below the wall; the greater the thickness, the further the slab projects downward. Another property of slabs is the offset, which determines how far the slab extends from the wall. You can control the slab thickness and offset in the Data Entry window.
New Viewport Layouts
Display multiple views of your drawing at one time, each with a different orientation. For example, view your design from the top, while also viewing the left side and an isometric view.
New Gripper Tool
An intuitive graphical widget that attaches to your objects allowing you to dynamically move, rotate, and scale objects in 2D or 3D.
New Custom Toolbar Creation
Create custom toolbars for quick access to your favorite TurboCAD Mac tools.
New Context Sensitive Help System
Context-sensitive help provides the fastest possible way to get help for any desired tool. Simply place the cursor over any tool then press “F1”. This instantly takes you to that tool’s explanation in the electronic user guide.
New Print Tools
- New Print Window is a simply way to quickly print just what you want. Enter coordinate values, or simply drag the mouse over the area of your design you wish to print.
- New Print by Layer Tool is extremely useful when you have multiple sets of data within one file that needs printing. One particular example is printing multiple sheet drawings.
New 3D Connexion Space Mouse Support
Enjoy greater control when working in 3D. Pan, zoom and rotate your TurboCAD Mac model or camera as if you were holding it in your hand. It’s a level of control that’s simply not possible with a traditional mouse and keyboard, yet it’s fully supported by TurboCAD Mac.
Nearly 2000 new materials added to the material library, for greater, more photorealistic rendering and visualization
Over 3700 new Decals added
Over 25,000 new symbols including electrical, mechanical, architectural
Improved AutoCAD 2013 (DWG) filter
Work with the latest AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT files. Users can also easily import old TurboCAD Mac files when saved to this format.
New File Formats Supported
- New Import Filters - EPS, Facet, PDF, PhotoShop, SketchUp
- New Export Filters - OBJ, VRML
Powerful Photorealistic & Sketch Rendering- Demonstrate unrivalled professionalism of both design and presentation of ideas using the specialist Photorealistic Rendering Engine’. This incredible technology allows you to create photo realistic renderings for true-to-life presentations. Designs can be effectively embellished with lighting, shadowing, reflectance, roughness and environmental effects. All this allows for a high quality, professional, competitive interpretation of your design efforts.
Sketch rendering options are available for enhanced interpretation of both stills and animations to give an artistic hand-drawn effect. Sketch rendering is a valuable tool for showcasing the conceptual design stage, as it effectively avoids the feeling of a completed design. It also allows you to demonstrate a more emotional appeal within your designs that is not possible from a photorealistic interpretation.
Sketch styles available: Cartoon, Colour Wash, Contour, Hand Drawn, Hatch, Ink Print, Line & Colour Fill, Line & Shadow, Mosaic, Oil Painting, Rough Pencil, Soft Pencil and Stipple.
ACIS® Solid Modelling– These modelling tools provide the facility to create realistic, complex 3D objects to enhance design representation. 3D primitives available to choose from include: Boxes, Spheres, Cones, Torus, Prisms and Pyramids, among many more.
ACIS® Solid Modelling allows you access to 3D utilities including: Trim, Add, Subtract, Union, Split, Stitch & thicken. In addition solid feature tools are also accessible including: Blend, 3D Fillet & Chamber, Shelling, Bend, Hole & Boss.
Some examples of the ACIS tools include:
- Bend Solid: bends a solid about an axis through a given radius.
- Trim Solid: trims a solid with a curve, surface or solid. The trim tool is useful for removing material from a base solid.
- Skinned Solids: creates a solid from a collection of closed profiles. Allows creation of skin solids using profiles composed of individual curves (such as circles or ellipses) or grouped curves. A profile of individual curves does not have to be grouped for use with this tool.
- Polygon from Curve Tool: draws a polygon with the number of sides determined by chosen points.
Advanced Editing– Advanced editing tools enable greater flexibility and component manipulation, without the need for a complex and time consuming part tree history to be maintained.
1,000 Floor Plans – Flexibility to start your own floor plan from scratch, or simply choose from one of the many pre-designed floor plans available; all of which can be customised to make each one unique to your specification.
Complete Set of 2D Tools – Unlimited deign capabilities available with use of a complete set of 2D tools. Choose from a number of 2D drafting tools including line, arch, curve, ellipse, and spline tools. Access text and dimensioning tools and 2D modifier tools like fillet & chamfer tools as well as 2D Transformation tools for easy editing.
2D tools include:
- Polygon from Curves Tool: draws a polygon with the number of sides determined by chosen points.
- Connect Curve Tool: Join Option - The Join Curve option replaces the two curves you select with a new spline curve. This tool will also join two polylines .
- Sketch Spline Tool: samples points as the cursor moves and creates a smooth spline through the sampled data. Once selected this tool has two options, the Sketch Spline tool and Sketch on a Surface tool.
- Fair Spline Tool: The Fair Spline command provides a tool to globally smooth a curve. Fairing a spline optimally moves control vertices to locations that minimize large curvature variations.
Architectural Design Tools –
- Smart Walls: TurboCAD Mac’s self-healing walls automatically join, intersect, intelligently to speed design. Additional Walls options include auto-dimensioning (applied as they are drawn), auto trim of wall vertices, and assignment of hatch patterns and colours.
- Parametric Doors & Windows: Choose from 3 door styles (Single, Single Standard, or Double) and 3 window styles (Overlapping Sill, Standard Sill and Tight Sill) to drag-and-drop into a wall, and TurboCAD Mac will automatically create an opening in the wall. In addition, users can offset the door or window a prescribed distance from the end of the wall for rapid and precise placement.
Incredible File Interoperability- TurboCAD’s outstanding file compatibility with dozens of industry file formats makes this programs invaluable to its users. Open and save in the latest .DWG and DXF file formats – 2010/2011. Supports many of the latest industry file formats including AutoCAD.
Export technical drawings from TurboCAD into desktop publishing formats, perfect for use in brochures and all other marketing materials.
You can also use TurboCAD’s powerful batch conversion tool to batch convert a collection of drawings to other file formats.
Over 11,000 2D/3D Symbols and Parts - Choose from thousands of parts and symbols to effortlessly add to your design including electrical, mechanical, bathroom, kitchen, construction, LAN, CMOS, doors, windows, counters, fasteners, HVAC and more. Use the symbols browser to quickly locate just what you need, enhanced to now display symbol filenames.
Printing, Publishing & PDF - Use the page layouts to publish your design up to 4 different angles on a single page. New shaded view options for Page Layouts offer greater control of how the printed document will look. Users can also save designs as single or multi-page PDF’s in standard or custom sizes for sending via e – mail.
Verify your Designs - A set of sophisticated surface analysis tools will help maintain proper design integrity by providing critical information about your designs such as evaluating the smoothness of one or more surfaces, useful for identifying surface irregularities. Then choose from any of four curvature plot styles Gaussian, Mean, Min Radius and Max Raduis.
|Platform||Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion|
Macintosh® OS 10.6 or higher,
4 GB of hard disk space,
1GB RAM or greater,
Mouse Pointing Device (wheel button recommended),