Who Do You Think You Are? Encyclopedia of Genealogy Book
The definitive reference guide to tracing your family history
From the makers of the award-winning BBC series and Dr Nick Barratt, the UK's leading authority on family history, comes the definitive, must-have guide to researching your family's roots and bringing your family history to life. Containing all you need to know whether youre a new beginner or more experienced researcher.
Covering all access levels, from the new beginner to the more experienced researcher, the Encyclopedia of Genealogy is a comprehensive master class in solving the mysteries of your personal heritage. Begining with advice on the very first steps, before providing a detailed explanation of the range of sources you will encounter when trying to flesh out your ancestor's lives.
The Encyclopedia is divided into sections, each a fascinating standalone reference article so that you can easily pick and mix the relevant information according to the route your journey through your family history takes you.
The Encyclopedia of Genealogy guides you through:
- Getting started, including research planning, sources, how to construct a family tree and working online
- Going further, combining historical context (from military history to migration and family secrets) with practical advice on sources
- Troubleshooting the most common problems such as common surnames and missing ancestors
- Surname databases
- Use of DNA such as DNA profiling services
- Organisational tools such as designing a website and information about software and community projects.
Everything you need to bring alive your family tree.