Atlas of the Solar System
The planets as you've never seen them before!
Imagine a journey across millions of miles of space, from the cratered landscape of Mercury to the searing surface of Venus. Travel beyond the frozen moons of Neptune, to Pluto, Charon and the very edge of the solar system. Explore the deepest valley on Mars and the volcanic landscape of lo. Speed through space to a far distant moon and...
DescriptionImagine a journey across millions of miles of space, from the cratered landscape of Mercury to the searing surface of Venus. Travel beyond the frozen moons of Neptune, to Pluto, Charon and the very edge of the solar system.
Explore the deepest valley on Mars and the volcanic landscape of lo. Speed through space to a far distant moon and discover the secrets locked in its surface.
All this is possible through the first ever interactive atlas of the solar system, based on real data returned from space missions. Planets and moons are mapped in amazing 3D, providing a detailed and incredibly realistic interplanetary voyage of discovery!
Features Back to the top
Explore maps of planets and major moons :
Includes amazingly detailed and fully annotated maps of the 9
planets and over 20 moons, assembled from thousands of images
acquired during decades of space missions.
View the planets in amazing 3D : Unique software allows
you to rotate each planet and moon, zoom in as close as 300
miles, giving you unparalleled 360 degree views and levels of
- Pinpoint exact locations : Use the location finder to pinpoint over 8,000 locations from highest mountains, deepest craters to landing sites on the Moon. Each site is cross-linked to the encyclopedia for more information.
Benefits Back to the top
- Fully annoted maps of the nine planets and 20 moons, 3D software allows you to rotate each planet and zoom in as clos as 300 miles, 360 degree views, Pinpoint 8,000 locations from the highest mountains to the deepest craters in the solar system,
- Each planetary site is named and linked to further information,
- Accessible information on the exploration, features and evolution of the planets and moons,
- Illustrated with more than 2,000 photographs and diagrams,
- Five programmes flights simulate the excitement of flying to other worlds and witnessing the dramatic landscapes of the solar system.
System Requirements Back to the top
|Platform||Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Millenium, Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit|
- Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP and Vista.
- Pentium 200Hz
- 64MB RAM (512MB for Vista)
- 800 x 600 pixel display
- 16-bit high colour
- 16-bit sound card