Intego Mac Internet Security 2013
Protect your Mac against malware, strangers, and suspicious applications
- Provides award winning protection
- Includes VirusBarrier 2013 and NetBarrier 2013
- Automatic scans and around-the-clock protection
- Protection against both Mac and PC malware
- Automatic protection as you hop networks
- Identify and block untrusted devices
Intego Mac Internet Security 2013 contains two of our best-selling products that protect your Mac against malware and network attacks. Intego Virus Barrier 2013 protects your files and important information from getting corrupted, stolen, or otherwise compromised by nasty malware and viruses. Intego Net Barrier 2013 shields you from strangers and unknown applications trying to get into your Mac. Together they bring you and your Mac award-winning protection.
Your Mac is Vulnerable to Malware and Network Attacks
Malware threats and security breaches are becoming a harsh reality for millions of Mac users. Seventy-five percent of Mac users don’t use antivirus software and an alarming 80% of residential networks remain unsecured. These users are open to email attacks, phishing sites, bot activity, account hacks, data theft, and financial strain due to malware infection and network attacks.
Mac Internet Security 2013 Provides Award-Winning Protection
Intego Mac Internet Security 2013 includes Intego Virus Barrier 2013 and Intego Net Barrier 2013. Together they ensure your Mac is protected against malware, strangers, and unknown applications trying to get in. Designed specifically for Mac, we provide around-the-clock protection and detect a diverse array of threats to make sure you and your Mac are given the best possible security at all times.
- Keeps your computer free of malware such as Mac viruses, Windows viruses, Unix viruses, Microsoft Word and Excel macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware, hacking tools, dialers, keyloggers, and scareware.
- Detects Windows malware to prevent your Mac from acting as a carrier.
- On-demand malware scans, including full scans for maximum coverage of your entire Mac as well as quick scans for day-to-day use.
- Scheduled scans.
- 24/7 real-time protection that watches all file activity and makes sure you’re always protected.
- Finds malware contained in archive files.
- Scans for viruses in emails for popular email clients.
- Scans for viruses on iOS devices and finds/eradicates viruses found in document directories on the devices.
- Automatically scans external drives when they are mounted.
- Flexible options for handling malware-automatically attempt to repair, quarantine malware for later action, or ask what to do on a case-by-case basis.
- Marks trusted folders to speed up scans.
- Application behavior analysis detects suspicious behavior in running applications.
- Email notifications when malware is found.
- Mac antivirus history logs.
- Active application list easily identifies applications using bandwidth as well as incoming vs. outgoing bandwidth for each application.
- Logical default profiles for the different kinds of networks you connect to-home, public, and work.
- Automatic profile switching detects when the network connection changes and makes it easy to select a new profile.
- Easily blocks/allows connections for specific local devices.
- Easily configures primary network channels to/from the Internet and to/from the local network.
- Full-time application activity monitoring for anti-spyware measures.
- Helps identify rogue applications accessing the Internet to act as zombies, expose your confidential information, or act as backdoors into your computer.
- Automatic application activity notification whenever an application is trying to do something on the network. You can take simple actions to allow or deny the application to run or to interact with specific domains or local devices.
Operating System Supported
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac® computer with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for NetUpdate security updates
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish