Online Marketing Manager Pleasanton, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
This individual must be comfortable managing multiple projects, with strong project management skills and an eye for detail in site management and development. This candidate must be very comfortable in a very fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment. A “can-do” attitude and superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are an absolute must.
A creative and dynamic marketing thinker, the Online Marketing Manager may be involved in some or all of the following: website development, online banner advertising, co-marketing opportunities, campaign analytics. Knowledge of the following is also desirable: pay per click advertising, affiliate marketing, search engine marketing programs, product promotions.
- Contributing to the achievement of eCommerce revenue plans by quarter.
- Facilitating and assisting with the timely launch of new products and sites.
- Participating in the implementation of marketing activities to drive traffic to our sites.
- Participating in the implementation of the merchandising of our stores to increase sales conversion rates, and average order values.
- Working with the Product managers so that they achieve the financial, customer satisfaction and online goals in their business units.
- Ensuring that the company’s Internet capabilities add significant differentiation to our total company proposition resulting both in increased customer satisfaction and increased profitability.
- Working with the Marketing Director in managing multiple web sites from both a development and content management perspective.
- Must have at least two (2) years of PPC experience:
•Create, manage and optimize Paid Search campaigns utilizing relevant tools such as Google Adwords, Microsoft Ad centre and Google Analytics.
•Create, maintain and optimize Paid Search campaigns, in consultation with the SEO Marketing Manager.
•Take responsibility for the ongoing maintenance and optimization of Paid Search campaigns.
•Keep up to date with and ensure best practice and current Paid Search techniques are followed.
•Provide recommendations for the improvement of Paid Search campaigns.
•Regularly review and take appropriate action on competitor activity.
•Analyze and report on campaign progress to senior management.
•Remain on the leading edge of new and emerging SEM trends to provide new growth opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Participation in the development and maintenance of company websites, mini-sites and landing pages.
- Implement specific marketing programs.
- Improve conversion rates of traffic to orders.
- Increase average revenue per order.
- Improve online shopping experience.
- Provide analysis of campaign performance.
- Setup campaign tracking and ensure effectiveness.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4-year degree required; 2-5 years work experience post-college.
- Experience working closely with agency and internal employees to develop effective online creative.
- Experience with launching new products online.
- Ability to liaise with product managers to get relevant info (pricing, launch date, product info etc).
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Prioritizing online initiatives to achieve the maximum impact.
- Input to Internet development plans and priorities.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal systems including Google Analytics.
- Site merchandising – ensure regular updates to website graphics.
- Knowledge of pivot tables helpful but not required.
Social Media Intern
Avanquest is seeking an intern who is knowledgeable of social media and demonstrates an interest for the digital media landscape. The intern will work closely with the marketing team to help support online marketing and communications campaigns for our company. This position is unpaid and is offered to college students (undergraduate or graduate) as well as recent graduates.
Intern Duties-Specific internship duties include, but are not limited to:
- Website updates
- Delivery campaigns
- Support link building initiatives
- Monitor blogs, forums and social networks
- Contribute to online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Highly motivated, undergraduate or recent graduate in good academic standing and with a strong interest or background in marketing or business studies.
- Preferably a marketing, communications, journalism or PR major.
- Good problem-solving and inter-personal skills; professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong English language/grammar skills.
- Expertise with WordPress.
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- College credit if your university allows it.
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment in a professional setting.
- Opportunity to gain experience in areas of marketing, data collection, analysis, and professional writing development.
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Avanquest, your internship objectives and career goals.
- Resume: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities
- 1-3 Social Networking Profiles: Examples of your work that best reflects your ideas and skills.
Mall Cart Sales Representative
Company overview: PhotoAffections.com
is a leading online provider of custom printed invitations and announcements, canvas prints and more, known nationwide for its high-quality personalized products, affordable prices and unsurpassed customer service. Now the company is launching an initiative to bring its products and customization experience to retail through mall carts.
The Sales Associate is the most critical link in ensuring that our customers have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back time after time. The Sales Associate must demonstrate excellent sales and customer service skills, meet monthly selling and customer capture goals, provide product knowledge to our customers and work as part of a team to meet individual and company objectives. Responsible for assisting customers in a retail mall cart location and driving sales of company products, including invitations, announcements, holiday cards, photo canvases and customizable products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service to each customer by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service as deemed necessary.
- Aid customers in selecting merchandise or finding the right solutions based on individual needs.
- Sell coupons that customers can use to create custom products online.
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Ensure that display merchandise and samples are in impeccable condition. Order replacements as necessary.
- Assist in display maintenance, and housekeeping of kiosk.
- Enter orders on company-provided computer.
- Any other tasks as assigned by management from time to time.
- Commitment to exemplary customer service.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and customer-focused individual.
- Energetic, self-starter with consultative sales approach.
- Previous sales experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience dealing with the public.
- Strong work ethic required. The ability to get things done and multi-task in an emerging, high-growth company is key.
- Must be a team player.
- Achieve or exceed sales targets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy with basic math and proficient use of a calculator will be required.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to perform all job duties and to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds from floor to waist.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a smoke free & drug free workplace. No agencies please. This is a non-exempt position.