PHP Back-End Developer
The key responsibilities are:
- Develop, code, install, release, test, and debug back end code on a PHP/MySQL platform.
- Create and modify customer facing web-based applications with shopping cart and e-commerce complexity.
- Create and modify customer service & order processing admin system web pages and reports, with emphasis on the technical and mechanical, not creative.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical problems with application, including those caused by DNS, network, security, or internal errors.
- Perform routine site maintenance. Determine update and deployment schedules.
- Develop code for SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Work in a SCRUM environment, willing to put in the effort to meet deadlines for various stages of a project.
- Estimate projects' levels of effort in regular planning
- Make improvements to existing code during modifications.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Supreme debugging skills and an unbridled confidence in your ability to defeat any bug and solve any problem.
- 3-5 years' experience with PHP development.
- 3-5 years' experience with MySQL
- REST/json development experience.
- Familiarity with AWS architecture helpful.
- Some experience with Git or SVN highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Systems Engineer must have a diverse set of advanced skills and familiarity with various Microsoft technologies, as well as demonstrated and working knowledge of VMware, SAN/NAS, and Backups. Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure, Office 365, AWS, and Exchange Online will be highly beneficial. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for resolving Level 2 user support tickets.
- Must be very familiar with the latest operating systems, namely Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Maintain, manage, upgrade, and expand core services, based on Microsoft technologies, such as
- Active Directory, Group Policies
- DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, PKI, RADIUS
- Maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot any issues with Hybrid email system based on Exchange 2010/2013
- Maintain and manage web sites running on Microsoft’s IIS
- Deploy software packages through Microsoft SCCM and utilize the product to its fullest potential
- Automate tasks and repetitive processes using PowerShell.
- Maintain and Manage Microsoft Endpoint Protection Antivirus on company computers
- Administer the VMWare ESXi 5.5 environment
- Setup LUNs, RAIDs, Volumes, and storage on SAN
- Setup and manage cloud environments on Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Maintain the Video Conferencing system to ensure smooth, efficient, and timely meetings. Familiarity with other Video Conferencing systems will also be beneficial.
- Support the Helpdesk Staff with level 2 tickets that they cannot resolve on their own.
- If required, be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Make best effort to answer calls/text/emails at all times
- Be on-call, one week out of the month (on average, we receive no more than on call, once every other month)
- Make sure changes and upgrades do not affect production. If they do, make sure to schedule them for after-hours.
- Work on existing and upcoming IT projects
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned as required.
- Must have over 5 years of experience in a fast paced and highly agile medium to large sized company
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Excellent knowledge of core technologies such as DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, RADIUS, and PKI in a Microsoft environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 in Hybrid environment
- Familiarity with SAN/NAS setup and configuration
- Familiarity with Video Conferencing systems such as LifeSize, Vidyo, Lync, or others
- Familiarity with the latest VMWare ESXi administration and server provisioning
- Experience with Dell Servers and hardware
- Automation and Scripting skills will be extremely helpful
- Strong emphasis and exposure to Information Security
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a related field will be beneficial.
- Must be a fast learner and capable of conducting research to learn about new technologies
- CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, or other related certificates
- Familiarity with Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Macintosh and OS X will be a huge plus
- Experience with Identity Management and SSO
- Experience with Reverse Proxies and Load Balancing
- Experience with Microsoft Lync deployments
- Experience with Citrix XenApp
- Experience with Windows Clustering
- Experience with load balancing and high availability
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange upgrades
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Online
- Experience with Amazon AWS Storage Gateway
- Experience with building full IT infrastructures on Microsoft Azure.
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a smoke free & drug free workplace. No agencies please. This is a non-exempt position.